Swedish Manufacturing Standard is another name for SMS Unions. SMS Union Fittings are hygienic fittings with a lovely seal pattern is this one. Additionally, these SMS Union Fittings provide an internal bore that is crevice-free and smooth. These unions are made up of several components, including a welding liner, a round slotted nut, and a welded male with an L-shaped seal. The many material types of SMS unions are as follows.
What are SMS Union Fittings
SMS union fittings have a flat section-lipped seal with no crevices and a circular slotted nut. The small design is ideally suited for usage with permanently installed pipeline sections. The fitting, which uses a union to make a connection, has several advantages over other designs and enables the removal of pipe segments. For the removal of the piping, the neighboring parts do not need to be touched. The seal’s standard material is EPDM. There are SMS unions in sizes ranging from 1″ to 4″. SMS unions are distinguished by their square section joint ring and round slotted nut. The most common application for these is in the sanitary fitting. Additionally, these SMS unions permit the piping segments without disturbing the nearby surroundings.
Uses of SMS Unions
SMS union fittings are helpful in a variety of industrial sectors, including petrochemical, cement, and construction facilities, food and beverage factories, and refineries. Additionally, useful are these SMS union fittings in pneumatic couplings, chemical fertilizer pipes, and hydraulic pipes.
SMS Unions Features
- SMS Unions have several advantages, including superior performance, low maintenance requirements, and the utilization of cutting-edge technology.
- These unions are ideal for connecting and developing sophisticated applications.
- They come in a variety of pricing points and size ranges.
- The highest quality SMS Unions offer outstanding protection from erratic atmospheric conditions.
- These unions are very effective and resilient to pressure.
- The material grades used by SMS Union include SS 304, 316, 316L/1.4401, and 1.4301.
- SMS unions are reliable and simple to use products.
- They exceptional strength of these unions makes them suited for harsh environments with high pressure and temperature conditions.
- These unions can withstand environments with high levels of corrosion. SMS unions are resistant to abrasion.